[Advocacy Advisors] [Wikimediauk-l] EU copyright consultation deadline has beenextended

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Mon Feb 10 19:13:13 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Amgine <amgine at wikimedians.ca> wrote:

> This is just a comment on an important marketing characteristic. If the
> pro-copyright side is trying to co-opt the concept of 'creators' as
> indicating *them*, this would be a particular issue to push back on - and
> Wikimedians in particular want to be recognized as creators.
>
> (In general, people are much more likely to support creators, and less
> likely to support a rather small number of corporations who own or manage
> the rights of creative works.)

I definitely think this should be a key theme of all Wikimedia-related
advocacy - trying to show that "creators" these days is everyone, not just
some isolated industries. I've tried to work that into the EU answers where
possible, but suggestions on where else it can be done are welcome.

Luis

--
Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel

NOTICE: *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity.*