[Advocacy Advisors] German national parliament election questionnaire

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at wikimedia.de
Wed Sep 11 11:38:18 UTC 2013

Greetings,

Wikimedia Deutschland has just released the answers we received to our
election questionnaire.

Complete answers are at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Deutschland/Wahlpr%C3%BCfsteine/Bundestagswahl_2013
(German)

Our analysis can be found at
http://blog.wikimedia.de/2013/09/11/bundestagswahl-wahlpruefsteine-wikimedia/
(German)

Previous questionnaires ("Wahlprüfsteine") are published at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Deutschland/Wahlpr%C3%BCfsteine

We are aware that this kind of questionnaire is not equally common in
every country, so here are a few introductory infos. Wahlprüfsteine
are a set of questions (usually very specific questions) that are sent
to parties which participate in elections. The answers are usually
released in a compiled form before the election date. Among the
Wahlprüfsteine's advantages are the compatibility with
non-partisanship. The organisation asking the question can refrain
from commenting them or refrain from making any kind of endorsement
for a particular candidate or party while at the same time offering
the public a service to inform them about differences in specific
policy topics.

The German national parliament elections will be held on September 22,
2013. Our questionnaire had 11 questions (3 on copyright, 2 on access,
3 on net neutrality and 3 on education). 10 replies were received,
representing 11 parties, including all parties that are currently in
the parliament and most likely will remain there.

Topic selection was based on the responses we received from a survey
that was sent to the German language Wikimedia community:
http://blog.wikimedia.de/2013/08/01/wahlpruefsteine-bundestagswahl-beta/
(German)

We carefully picked questions that actually belong to the national
level (some are overlapping with EU legislation, a few border to
topics left to the German states (Länder).

If you haven't done so, please consider answering a few questions in
this survey here that can help contribute to a questionnaire for the
upcoming EU parliament election in 2014:
https://docs.google.com/a/wikimedia.de/forms/d/1vSrFiYCAN-RPXdikdkkHmT_ZzWPdD5DcDpMye9uAiHM/viewform
This survey will last until September 30.

Mathias

--
Mathias Schindler
Projektmanager
mail: mathias.schindler at wikimedia.de

Ceterum censeo opera officiales esse liberandam -
http://urheberrecht.wikimedia.de/

Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
Steuernummer 27/681/51985.