[Advocacy Advisors] FYI - Creative Commons statement on copyright reform

Beatriz Busaniche bea at vialibre.org.ar
Thu Oct 17 10:47:23 UTC 2013

El 16/10/13 22:42, Luis Villa escribió:
> I don't know if we have a similar unique obligation or role in copyright
> reform, but it may be something to think about.

Hi Luis!
In countries where we have no Freedom of Panorama, like Argentina and
Uruguay, Copyright Reform is really needed for projects like Commons.

Most of the proposed reforms, like L&E for Blind people or for libraries
are not fundamental to the scope of Wikimedia projects, but I guess we,
at least, should join the efforts for a better copyright law and the
freedom of culture, which, in the end is our main goal.

Regards from Buenos Aires!
Bea