[Advocacy Advisors] discussion on political association guidelines talk page

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Wed Jul 10 20:04:07 UTC 2013

Hi, all-

Just an FYI that SJ asked some interesting/relevant questions on the
Foundation Policy and Political Association Guideline pages:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Legal_and_Community_Advocacy/Foundation_Policy_and_Political_Association_Guideline#Who_drives_discussions_to_take_on_an_advocacy_topic.3F

To be clear, there are no current plans (that I know of) to revise the
policy, but several people may find discussion of the
strengths/shortcomings of the current process interesting, and I would be
interested to get the sense of the group on these questions and where we
might go in the future.

Luis

--
Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel

NOTICE: *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity.*