[Advocacy Advisors] Fair use for legal briefs

Stephen LaPorte slaporte at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 15 18:12:46 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Here is a ruling in New York about fair use for legal briefs and other
court filings:
http://newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.com/Legal/News/2013/02_-_February/Copyright_suit_dismissed_against_Lexis,_Westlaw/

Does anyone know of any recent on-wiki discussions about fair use analysis
of court documents?

--
Stephen LaPorte
Legal Counsel

*This message might have confidential or legally privileged information in
it. If you have received this message by accident, please delete it and let
us know about the mistake. For legal reasons, I may only serve as an
attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation. This means I may not give legal
advice to or serve as a lawyer for community members, volunteers, or staff
members in their personal capacity.*