[Advocacy Advisors] [Internal-l] CPA : Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012 - Philippines

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 17:11:05 UTC 2012

Hi all.

Wikimedia does ask for donations. I am not sure whether that could be
construed as asking "for favor or consideration". How would it be for a
pornographic website that relies on voluntary donations? That is the
worst-case comparison someone could draw.

On Commons, the most frequently viewed files certainly have been, almost
without exception, sexual media:

http://stats.grok.se/commons.m/top

On the other hand, compared to all the other content on Commons (and also,
I suspect, the total number of page views), these files are a very small
minority.

I will mention two of my longstanding gripes here:

1. None of the Wikimedia projects comply with 18 USC 2257 age record
requirements.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikilegal/Age_Record_Requirement (also see
talk page).

2. Given that Wikimedia projects contain some pretty extreme materials,
fundraiser materials should not contain testimonials (stories) stating or
implying that Wikimedia projects are child-safe.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Stories2/en

Andreas