[Advocacy Advisors] Advocacy Advisers feedback

Stephen LaPorte slaporte at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 20 01:34:23 UTC 2012

Hello Pine,

I am interested in the community's perspective on any legal or policy
issues that are related to our work. I know there are many Wikimedians who
are passionate and knowledgeable in this area, so I hope this list can be a
forum to share individual opinions and updates about broader discussions
within the community. I am especially interested in any community
discussions about advocacy, such as the recent protests on the Italian,
Tagalog, and Russian Wikipedias (Wikipediae?).

At the moment, I am sharing news stories I find interesting. These are not
necessarily points for advocacy, although any feedback or opinion is
certainly welcome. I hope that if someone were to ask me about a point of
advocacy (such as, for example, preparing an amicus brief), I could turn to
this group for consultation.

The list is relative young, so we are still finding our stride. If you have
any suggestions, I would be happy to hear it!

Cheers,
Stephen

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM, ENWP Pine <deyntestiss at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi Stephen,
>
> Can you clarify what kinds of questions or feedback you are seeking in
> regards to posts that you make to the Advocacy Advisers list? While I find
> the information useful and interesting, I'm not sure what discussion or
> feedback would be useful to WMF.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pine

Stephen LaPorte
Legal Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation

*For legal reasons, I may only serve as an attorney for the Wikimedia
Foundation. This means I may not give legal advice to or serve as a lawyer
for community members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal
capacity.*