[Advocacy Advisors] Italian Wikipedia community discussing defamation bill

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 13:10:20 UTC 2012

There is now a further plea at the Wikimedia Forum (on Meta-Wiki):
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Forum#it.wiki_in_trouble.2C_once_again.2C_this_time_is_worse_than_last_year
.

--
Thehelpfulone
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone

On 25 October 2012 00:32, Pierre-Carl Langlais <
pierre-carl.langlais at orange.fr> wrote:

> I,
>
> I have just written a general account of this second italian « strike » on
> my French wikipedian blog : http://wikitrekk.blogspot.fr/**
> 2012/10/remake-italien.html<http://wikitrekk.blogspot.fr/2012/10/remake-italien.html>
>
> Pierre-Carl Langlais aka Alexander Doria
>

>  That banner is live, i believe.
>> ___________________
>> Philippe Beaudette
>> Director, Community Advocacy
>> Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
>>
>> 415-839-6885, x 6643
>>
>> philippe at wikimedia.org
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Stephen LaPorte
>> <slaporte at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The Italian Senate is debating the defamation bill that the Italian
>>> Wikipedia community previously protested. The community is discussing
>>> their
>>> response here:
>>> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/**Wikipedia:Bar/Discussioni/**
>>> Oggi_il_Senato_vota_su_**diffamazione_e_diritto_all%**27oblio<http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bar/Discussioni/Oggi_il_Senato_vota_su_diffamazione_e_diritto_all%27oblio>
>>>
>>> Here is a Google translation of some proposed banner text:
>>>
>>> Dear readers,
>>>
>>> once again the independence of Wikipedia is under threat.
>>>
>>> In these hours, the Italian Senate is debating a bill on defamation (
>>> DDL n.
>>> 3491 ) which, if approved, would require each site (including Wikipedia)
>>> the
>>> correction or deletion of your content on simple request those who
>>> considered damaging to their image or their privacy, and provides for the
>>> criminal conviction and fines of up to € 100,000 in the case of failure
>>> remove. Similar initiatives are not new , but this time their approval
>>> seems